Replacing your water filter shouldn’t have to be a chore. Whirlpool makes it easy with this PUR water filter. All it takes is a few simple steps and you’re back to drinking that fresh, crisp, and tasty water. PUR water filters remove all the nasty residue like dirt, rust, cysts, bad taste and odor, asbestos and more. Remember to replace your Whirlpool PUR water filter every 6 months to keep your ice and water tasting fresh.
This PUR water filter fits most Whirlpool and Kitchen Aid refrigerators. Made by Whirlpool. Part Number: 4396710.
How to replace your PUR water filter:
- Push the button that is located to the left of the water filter.
- Pull out the filter and unscrew the re-usable cap. Note that the water will automatically shut off.
- Attach the re-usable cap you removed from the old filter, onto the new filter.
- Slide the new filter into the refrigerator until you hear a click.
How to reset your “change filter” light:
If you’re refrigerator has a filter button, press and hold the button for 5-10 seconds. If there is no filter button, press on the light switch repeatedly, 5 times.
The bad stuff this filter removes:
- 99.99% of Cysts
- 93.30% of Toxaphene
- 96.70% of Benzene
- 99.90% of P-Dichlorobenzene
- 97.90% of Turbidity
- 99.30% of Lead at pH 6.5
- 99.30% of Lead at pH 8.5
- 96.50% of Mercury at pH 6.5
- 96.50% of Mercury at pH 8.5
- 97.40% of Chlorine
- 95.50% of Endrin
- 99.80% of Asbestos
- 99.98% of Chlorobenzene
- 99.96% of Ethylbenzene
- 99.50% of Alachlor
- 98.90% of Lindane
- 80.80% of Atrazine
- 96.50% of Tetrachloroethylene
- 99.70% of Particulates (Class I)
Older Part Numbers this filter replaces:
- 2260538, 4396710B
- T1KB1, T1RFKB1, T1RFWB2, T1WB2, T1WB2L
- 9020, 9020P, 9030, 9030P
- 469020, 46-9020, 469030, 46-9030, 04609020000, 04609030000