How to adjust oven temperature using digital oven control board
Old style mechanical thermostats usually have an adjustment screw to allow for temperature adjustment. This is not the case with digital oven thermostats that are in common use today. However, the solution is simple enough and works for most oven models out there.
Please note, that most oven manufacturers advise that temperature could be adjusted only if it’s within 50 degrees range. If your oven temperature is off by more than 50 degrees, adjustment may not work and the failed component (usually the board itself) will need to be replaced. We’ll cover the step by step temperature adjustment instructions below.
IMPORTANT: Always consult your oven’s Use and Care guide before attempting any service, maintenance or repair. If you don’t feel comfortable performing any repairs yourself, contact an experienced appliance technician instead.
How to adjust oven temperature using digital oven control board:
- Read all of the instructions below before beginning
- Press BAKE and set the oven to its highest temperature setting (usually 500 or 550)
- Follow immediately by pressing and holding the BAKE button for about 5-7 seconds until the LED screen changes from the highest temperature setting to a temperature adjustment setting
- Using UP and DOWN arrows on the control board adjust the temperature as needed.
- To finish the procedure, click on the START button if present, or wait for a few seconds until the board takes the change and resets the display back to its original condition.
- You can now check your oven temperature using an oven thermometer.
Was this information helpful? Share your experience with us by leaving a comment below.